Just a quick little post to try and capture what’s been happening so far this year.
- Got my hands on a Nintendo Switch when they came out. I’ve been playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild pretty non-stop since. Really impressed for the most part with the game.
- For the last week, I’ve been suffering with the cold from hell. Now my wife has it, too.
- I took on a new client at the beginning of the year. This has been a very busy transition which has left me exhausted at the end of each day. I’ve had to document all my processes from my previous position and then develop and execute a training schedule for my replacement. This has been compounded by the fact that our tech is not always…friendly…around here and I’ve had to come up with about a hundred workarounds just to get my replacement trained. I’m still getting asked loads of questions about clients I technically don’t work on anymore as my replacement learns. Of course, while doing all of this, I’ve also had to jump in feet first and start providing services to my new client. They’re a great client but super busy. It hasn’t been helped by a a non-communicative prior exec, though. We’ve had so many questions and trying to figure out what’s going on, what’s been handled, what needs to be handled, etc., has been a bit crazy.
- My wife and I have been trying to hike a couple times a month in the surrounding area. There’s lots of places to hike and they’re beautiful. Of course, this has opened up new challenges and things I want to share and write about. I hope to be able to offer advice for fat hikers or folks just learning.
- Since this blog started out with a focus on my weight loss journey, let me tell you where I’m at. For the last 2-3 months I’ve been trying, without any real success, to get back on Opti-Fast. Unfortunately, that just isn’t working this time around. No matter how hard I’ve tried, I can’t stick to just these shakes all day long. So, instead, I started focusing on watching calorie intake and carb intake as I have always noted my body doesn’t do well with carbs – particularly my diabetes. This was going well until the cold from hell arrived. Hard to watch carbs while shoving chicken NOODLE soup down your own throat. But, now that I’m recovering, I’ll be back at it.
- I’m still using MyFitnessPal if anyone wants to hook up there. Wait, that sounded TERRIBLE…..I blame the cold.
- Our 16th anniversary is coming up in April. It actually falls on Easter weekend – which it hasn’t done in a long time – and I’m taking my wife somewhere for the weekend. Sorry, I can’t tell you because I’m keeping it a secret from her. 🙂
Alright, I think that’s the important bits. If anyone has any questions about hiking while fat or stuff like that, please drop them in the comments. I really do want to share what my wife and I have learned so far, equipment, etc.